Welcome to Valerian Night, where the story comes to you in snippets and snatches, snapshots and slivers of 300 words every week. Your input is valued and needed, for what you say may drive the story into a totally different direction. Follow the meandering coils of story that take Alyxa Fairchild onto a direct collision course with Nightmares, Dreams, Old Deities and New Heroes as her world collides with that of Réveille, the land of Waking Dreams and Dead Gods. Trail after Morpheus as he discovers the foibles and confusions of the human world and finds himself strangely enamoured thereof all the while trying to keep his Dreamer safe and ensure the continued peace of the Real World. Let the young Jazzy open your eyes and show you that the world you see is not necessarily the world you know...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3.4. Possession and Opinion


“You Dreamed Odin?” Morpheus demanded.

Alyxa was brushing her teeth and had to rinse her mouth before she answered.

“Actually, I Dreamed about Loki, Odin was just there.”

Morpheus stared at her through the reflection of the mirror.

“How dare he interfere with you,” he grated after a long minute of silence.

“I think he was visiting his son, and I just happened to Dream at the same time,” Alyxa told him, applying her moisturiser next, “I wouldn’t take things so personally.”

“I’m not taking it personally, I’m – ”

“Acting incredibly human,” Alyxa cut in, crossing her arms to face him, “you’re being a little bit possessive, more so than usual.”

Rather frustratingly, Morpheus simply turned around and left the bathroom. Alyxa threw up her hands and followed him. She had taken two steps when he had her pinned against the wall, fangs buried in her throat. The blood streamed, and she felt her body grow lethargic in his arms. It grew, gliding over her skin and through her veins, until suddenly it was gone. She blinked and looked up.

“You can take more if you need it,” she whispered, drowning in the viridian of his eyes.

“No,” he told her, brushing back one of the strands of her hair, “I’m by nature selfish, and you are by nature giving.”

“I’m alright. I’ve rested, I feel good as new.”

Morpheus nodded and simply walked away again. Alyxa sighed and sat down on the sofa next to Bast.

-You two don’t keep your lovers’ quarrels to yourselves do you?- the Cat-Goddess asked, Alyxa glared at her, -I’m just saying, kitten. Some of us need sleep.-

“We have to get Amy back and stop Lucifer.”

-And I’m working on it.-

Alyxa curled up and sighed.

“But why am I dreaming about Loki?”

No comments:

Post a Comment